Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ενδοχώρα Ηρακλείου   Click to listen highlighted text! Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ενδοχώρα Ηρακλείου Powered By GSpeech
 

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

SAKALAKIS HOUSE, FABRIKA PROPERTY AND HOUSE ECO. CHELIDONI

Many of the homes mainly in the NORTHEASTERN part of the old village of Venerato save elements of traditional architecture of the 19th – 20th century. Such a House property is Sakalaki.

This unique building of the village of Prophet Elias in Heraklio, shows morphological elements of urban residence and architectural solutions that respond to rural housing needs.

Located in the newest piece of the village of Siva at the western end and is an interesting sample building with neoclassical influences, such as those implemented in semi-urban areas of Crete, and is important for the study of the history of architecture.

In the village of Siva rescued today rich urban and morphological factors, characteristics of settlements of Crete, mainly of the late 19th and early 20th century, as the semi-circle of homes onto the North Slope tall Hill that "look" to the area of Heraklion, the dense construction and narrow alleys, particularly in the core of the settlement.

In part of the old village of Venerato survives today, unfortunately crumbling House whose exterior door belonged to Venetian Mansion, "Serai", as the locals call it.

From the courtyard of the Church of Agios Miron, going down the slope from the western part, we find a small cave in the cliffs, which goes down from the Church.

Going for two-Aisled Church of Venetian domination and Late Byzantine style, recently renovated.

From the most important monuments of the area, the Church of St. George has probably built on ruins of an older church, on the site of the ruined settlement already so Kaimenos' referred to by second Byzantine period.

The aqueduct bridge of Agia Irini is the largest construction in the entire length of the Venetian Aqueduct Morosini which carried water to the city of Heraklion.

In Stergiano Pediadas, located close to the Vasilies, there was a large Tower. The tower is first mentioned in a document of 1226 and standing still in bad condition. Could accommodate 150 people and had Fort precincts.

In the area of Petrokefalo has found a tomb with carved bath type Larnaca, a sarcophagus and burial jars
Venetian fountain from the 15th century with the coat of arms of the House Quirini in Pentamodi.
The rich water sources that characterize the entire region, as is natural became exploited and residents of Kerasia throughout the course of their history.

Today the most remarkable monument is an offshoot of Giofyroy, at the height of the Village Inn St Syllas. This is a stone bridge over the road until 1910 connected Heraklion with the Prophet Elijah and the Messara.

RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Of GREECE 2007-2013
«ALEXANDER BALTATZIS»

HELLENIC REPUBLIC
MINISTRY OF RURAL
DEVELOPMENT AND FOOD






Subscribe to our news

Subscribe to our newsletter to always be up to date! See more, learn more.
Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By Multix Co.