Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ενδοχώρα Ηρακλείου   Click to listen highlighted text! Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ενδοχώρα Ηρακλείου Powered By GSpeech
 

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The two-Aisled Church of Agios Georgios (Saint George and Saint Catherine), which recently was maintained by the 13th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities,

In the village of Apollo Venetian belongs and the Temple of Saint Mary, who is probably identical with the Church of our Lady referred to in document Ecclesiarum et monasteriorum Communis of 1320, is a beautiful church built next to the river and on the road that Apollo today leads to the Gorge of Agios Fanourios.

In the village square there is the two-Aisled old church of Agia Zoni & St. Nicholas.

The Church of Agia Paraskevi is a major monument of the first centuries of Venetian rule. In Catasticum Ecclesiarum et monasteriorum Communis of 1320-1321 refers that "the inhabitants of the village of Siva attest that there is the Church of s. Veneranda (Agia Paraskevi), and the dilapidated s. Giorgio and s. Giovanni Apano Simos villages and Cato Simos ', villages which are placed near the Siva.

The monastery operates over 10 years Museum with the remaining widely in the monastery, which is quite remarkable. Exposed images, Holy relics and various books of great historical and archaeological value.
Panagia Oktorissa, another type of one-Aisled Church of "dromikos kamaroskepastos", located a short distance west of the monastery of Palianis and belongs to the jurisdiction of the monastery.
Our Lady of the angels was built a little later in the period of the late Venetian.
At the entrance of the Gorge of Agios Fanourios is situated the homonymous Church, built on the banks of the River to Apollo in the dense vegetation and beneath an impressive rock slope that rises sharply above the Church.

The unknown Canyon of Venerato is located 17 km south of Heraklion, very near Venerato village in Paliani Monastery. The deep part of the Gorge is very small in length (approximately 500 m), but the beauty of leaves unaffected the visitor.

The Church of the Holy Cross (old town) is located south of the village of Vlachiana and between Avgeniki and Vlachiana.

The Church of the Panagia in Avgeniki, one of the oldest monuments in the territory of the current municipality, it is possible that it was built during the second Byzantine period (12th-13th century).
The Church of St. Silas is currently derelict and hidden within dense vegetation small Canyon immediately west of the current village cemetery.
The renovated building of the former primary school, hosts in the precincts of the grave of Captain Charalambos Vlachaki who acted against the Ottomans in the revolution of 1866

Panagia Faneromeni in Gorge pf Kerasania is another Church that has been entirely rebuilt in 1914 after disasters it had suffered, survives today in the doorway of the Church, which bears the same decoration with that of Michael Archangelos in gates of Vlachiana, but without the characteristic Gothic arch above the door, which apparently has no extant at the time of the reconstruction of the temple which was built probably during the period of Venetian rule.

RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Of GREECE 2007-2013
«ALEXANDER BALTATZIS»

HELLENIC REPUBLIC
MINISTRY OF RURAL
DEVELOPMENT AND FOOD






Subscribe to our news

Subscribe to our newsletter to always be up to date! See more, learn more.
Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By Multix Co.