Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ενδοχώρα Ηρακλείου   Click to listen highlighted text! Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ενδοχώρα Ηρακλείου Powered By GSpeech
 

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Stavrakia

Village of the Municipal District of the municipality of Heraklion (Parakandias country belonged). It is 13 km from Heraklion and is built at an altitude of 240 metres. From the road axis Irakleiou Mesara and 4.2 km from the branch to The University Hospital of Heraklion (PAGNI), following signs may arrive in the beautiful village Stavrakia.

The first indication of the name of the village is in notariako document in 1248. But in several meets later documents (notary, Church and Ducal of Candia) at later dates.

Recorded at Venetian censuses (of 1577 and 1583, Barozzi Reported Basilicata 1630) as two settlements (Up and Down) and in coming up today as a settlement.

Rich in history the village (like all the villages of the Parakandias) has played an important role both during the Venetian occupation (Chortatzwn – revolution Psaromiligon str.), during the revolutions of the 19th century against the Ottomans, in battle against the paratroopers during World War II and the "national resistance".

Today the village shows great growth both for its rich production of wine and olive products, and the operation of business units (Winery) and crafts (beekeeping, rakokazana – wine presses, shops, taverns, ouzeri, etc.) and private companies.

Patron Saint is Saint George in whose name is dedicated the church historian of the 16th century located in the village.

The cultural association of the village engaged the entire time with nice and important events and activities such as the feast of Saint George (April 23) during which circumambulation of the Holy image with horses and accompaniment of the municipal band and offering "oftoy" and folk music for free to participants, the feast of St. Panteleimon on the eve of the feast (July 25), the Organization of traditional Klidona (24 June), theater performances and puppetry, and others.

The visit to places of natural beauty (at Lalakoy the well, in the old source, next to the chapel of St. John, etc) has to offer the visitor a nice moments of recreation, enjoyment and rest which can enhance even more the visits to the picturesque cafes.


 

Get directions
    Show the options

From :  or 

To :  or 


courtyard house in Stavrakia courtyard house in Stavrakia courtyard house in Stavrakia courtyard house in Stavrakia courtyard house in Stavrakia courtyard house in Stavrakia courtyard house in Stavrakia Church St. George Central Square of Stavrakia Mrs. Elda, resident of Stavrakia Stavrakia, Dusk Chapel of St. John in Stavrakia Divine Liturgy Sunday Church Stavrakia Divine Liturgy Sunday Church Stavrakia Divine Liturgy Sunday Church Stavrakia Divine Liturgy Sunday Church Stavrakia Cafe in Stavrakia Farmer in the garden at Stavrakia Chapel of St. John Chapel of St. John - fountain
More in this category: Voutes »

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.

EUROPEAN AGRICULTURAL FUND
RURAL DEVELOPMENT

Europe investing in rural areas

RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Of GREECE 2007-2013
«ALEXANDER BALTATZIS»

HELLENIC REPUBLIC
MINISTRY OF RURAL
DEVELOPMENT AND FOOD






Subscribe to our news

Subscribe to our newsletter to always be up to date! See more, learn more.
Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By Multix Co.