The Silva Winery is situated in Siva, a small village belonging to the municipality of Iraklion, just 17 km out of Iraklion on the Iraklion- Moirés highway. The district has been classed and is recognized as a superior quality zone.
The Church of Agia Paraskevi is a major monument of the first centuries of Venetian rule. In Catasticum Ecclesiarum et monasteriorum Communis of 1320-1321 refers that "the inhabitants of the village of Siva attest that there is the Church of s. Veneranda (Agia Paraskevi), and the dilapidated s. Giorgio and s. Giovanni Apano Simos villages and Cato Simos ', villages which are placed near the Siva.
In the village of Siva rescued today rich urban and morphological factors, characteristics of settlements of Crete, mainly of the late 19th and early 20th century, as the semi-circle of homes onto the North Slope tall Hill that "look" to the area of Heraklion, the dense construction and narrow alleys, particularly in the core of the settlement.